SubjectTurris Omnia firmware possibilities [Was: Re: led: hw-trigger, global brightness and multi-colored leds]
Hello Tomas,

On 05/25/2018 12:08 AM, Tomas Hlavacek wrote:
> But I also have good news: The FW of the MCU is also OSS (see the repo
> in the link (1)). There is a method for flashing the MCU over I2C from
> Linux and there is JTAG connector for the MCU, in case un-bricking is
> needed. Therefore the LED protocol can be changed to be more sensible
> and/or it is even possible to emulate some existing HW LED driver chip
> in Omnia MCU and reuse OSS driver for that chip.

Yeah, I noticed, but when we start replacing the firmware, we'd need to
detect somehow when a machine has an old (or only different) firmware.
That would imply a versioning scheme and a generic way to read out the
firmware version. (CMD_GET_FW_VERSION_BOOT is already a start, but this
doesn't help me if I find an unknown hash.) So a CMD_GET_FW_SOMETHING
that yields a version string that is similar to the soname of a library
would be great.

Talking about firmware, I wonder if there is firmware supported needed
to solve
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/TurrisOmnia#Power_Management
. Didn't look into that deeply yet and probably not high prio given that
normally the Turris Omnia will just run 7x24h.

Best regards
Uwe

  Last update: 2018-05-25 08:09    [W:1.145 / U:0.036 seconds]