SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Kconfiglib menuconfig implementation
On 05/19/2018 09:47 PM, Ulf Magnusson wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 6:03 AM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@infradead.org> wrote:

>>> Hi Ulf,
>>>

>>> Hm, OK, I used the trick that you supplied a few weeks ago and I have the UI now.
>>>
>>> ARCH=x86 SRCARCH=x86 KERNELVERSION=`make kernelversion` \
>>> Kconfiglib/menuconfig.py
>>>
>>> so yes, a real Makefile target would be nice. :)
>>
>> I want to see all kconfig symbols that end with "_DEBUG" (so excluding
>> _DEBUGFS). Using:
>>
>> /.*_DEBUG$
>>
>> shows me 6 symbols:
>> ATH9K_COMMON_DEBUG
>> DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP_DEBUG
>> HAVE_DMA_API_DEBUG
>> IP_DCCP_TFRC_DEBUG
>> NFS_DEBUG
>> PM_SLEEP_DEBUG
>>
>> so where are the other (approx.) 176?
>> see:
>> $ find . -name Kconfig\* | xargs grep "config.*_DEBUG$" | grep -v \.orig | wc
>> 182 364 9179
>>

>> Anyway, something for you to look at. :)
>>
>> --
>> ~Randy
>
> It's related to how the search is done. Searching for "DEBUG\b" (word
> boundary) instead will find all of them.
>
> A string is generated for each symbol. For symbols with prompts, this
> string includes the prompt as well, so you get e.g.
>
> AB8500_DEBUG "Enable debug info via debugfs"
>
> Those strings are then searched/displayed.
>
> What you got with your search was all symbols whose names end in
> "_DEBUG" that don't have a prompt.
>
> The nice thing about searching both the name and the prompt is that
> e.g. "debugfs ab8500" will find the symbol above. I'm also planning to
> add menus to the search, by generating 'menu: "menu title"' strings
> for them.
>
> It's a bit awkward/unintuitive that what you tried doesn't work
> though. Maybe the symbol name could be searched separately from the
> prompt, though I'd be a bit sad to abandon the super simple
> single-string-per-entry implementation approach. :)

Hi Ulf,

What else are you planning to do with /(search)?

/syscall lists 20 or so symbols. It would be nice if each one of those
showed its current setting [y,n,maybe^Wm].

I like Toggle show-all mode. When I use xconfig, I usually turn on most
of its options, including one like that.

--
~Randy

  Last update: 2018-05-21 05:15    [W:0.094 / U:0.168 seconds]