SubjectRe: [RFC v2 2/2] base: dma-mapping: Postpone page_to_pfn() on mmap()
Date
Hi Rich,

On Monday, 9 April 2018 18:11:13 EEST Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 04:06:15PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> >> As before, the change itself does seem reasonable; it might be worth
> >> rewording the commit message in more general terms rather than making it
> >> sound like an SH-specific workaround (which I really don't think it is),
> >> but otherwise I'd say just repost it as a non-RFC patch.
> >
> > I actually can't remember any better fix I would have in mind, so this
> > looks good to me :-) I agree with Robin, the commit message should be
> > reworded. Robin's explanation of why virt_to_page() should be postponed
> > until we know that cpu_addr represents memory that is guaranteed to be
> > backed by a struct page is a good starting point. You can mention SH4 as
> > an example of an architecture that will crash when calling virt_to_page()
> > in such a case, but the fix isn't specific to SH4.
>
> Just checking since I joined late -- is the consensus that this does
> not require any action/review specific to SH (in my role as maintainer
> way behind on maintenance)?

I don't think it requires any action specific to SH. If you want to review the
patch in the context of SH though, please feel free to do so :-)

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

  Last update: 2018-04-09 17:19    [W:0.043 / U:0.184 seconds]