SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] platform-drivers-x86 for 4.17-1
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's good news.
> I'm using whatever is in Debian Unstable (old for less than month) and
> what I tried was
>
> % git checkout -b test origin/master
> % git merge for-next # our branch for you
>
> It complained to me that file was renamed / deleted and it didn't
> resolve conflicts automatically.

Hmm. I don't know what the difference might be. debian-unstable is
usually not *so* ancient that I'd expect big git version differences
(even if I personally tend to run very recent git trees, because it's
the one thing in addition to the kernel that I build myself).

Sometimes things like the git rename limits hit people. Your side
didn't have a lot of file creation/deletion (which is when the default
git rename limits can bite you), but my side did.

Did you perhaps also get a message like "inexact rename detection was
skipped due to too many files"? If you have lots of memory, it can be
a good idea to just disable the rename limits:

git config diff.renameLimit 0
git config merge.renameLimit 0

but it's also possible that some tweak to the diff algorithm triggered
this, or just the fact that we tried merging at slightly different
points.

Not a big deal.

Linus

  Last update: 2018-04-11 22:29    [W:0.058 / U:0.240 seconds]