SubjectRe: KASAN poisoning for skb linear data
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:15:04 +0100
Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I understand pskb_may_pull() plays important role in packet
> parsing for all protocols. And we did custom fragmentation of packets
> emitted via tun (IFF_NAPI_FRAGS). However, it seems that it does not
> give any results (bugs found), and I think the reason for this is that
> linear data is rounded up and is usually quite large. So if a parsing
> function does pskb_may_pull(1), or does not do it at all, it can
> usually access more and it will go unnoticed. KASAN has an ability to
> do custom poisoning: it can poison/unpoison any memory range, and then
> detect any reads/writes to that range. What do you think about adding
> custom KASAN poisoning to pskb_may_pull() and switching it to
> non-eager mode (pull only what was requested) under KASAN? Do you
> think it has potential for finding important bugs? What amount of work
> is this?
>
> Thanks

Also, kernel networking only deals with in-tree upstream code.
Any problems with infrastructure for custom code are your problem
to deal with, not our problem.

  Last update: 2018-03-08 16:46    [W:0.069 / U:0.084 seconds]