SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the selinux tree with the net-next tree
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 2:03 AM, Xin Long <> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Stephen Rothwell <> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>> Today's linux-next merge of the selinux tree got a conflict in:
>> net/sctp/socket.c
>> between several refactoring commits from the net-next tree and commit:
>> 2277c7cd75e3 ("sctp: Add LSM hooks")
>> from the selinux tree.
>> I fixed it up (I think - see below) and can carry the fix as
> The fixup is great! the same as I mentioned in:
> for net-next.git
>> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
>> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
>> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
>> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
>> particularly complex conflicts.
> [net-next,0/9] sctp: clean up sctp_sendmsg, this patchset was just applied
> in net-next. So I just guess it might not yet be there when selinux tree was
> being submitted.

The selinux/next branch is based on v4.16-rc1 and doesn't feed into
the netdev tree, it goes straight to Linus during the merge window so
unfortunately I think we may need to carry this for some time and
relay this fix-up patch up to Linus during the merge window.

paul moore

 \ /
  Last update: 2018-03-07 17:35    [W:0.091 / U:2.340 seconds]