SubjectRe: Intel GemniLake xHCI connected devices can never wake up the system from suspend
On 15.03.2018 06:40, Chris Chiu wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a ASUS AIO V222GA and another Acer Desktop XC-830 both
> have Intel CPU J5005 and they both hit the same problem. The XHCI
> connected USB keyboard/mouse can never wakeup the system from suspend.
> It reminds me that similiar thing happens on ApolloLake too which
> needs the XHCI_PME_STUCK_QUIRK to get it work. It's also mentioned in
> https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/pentium-celeron-n-series-spec-update.pdf
> page #14 for N-seris intel CPU. And I also find the same problem
> description in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/silver-celeron-spec-update.pdf
> page #16 for J-series Intel CPU. Seems that they have different
> workaround so I can not simply apply XHCI_PME_STUCK_QUIRK to make it
> work.
>
> Anyone can help here?

N-Series
CHP8: USB xHCI Controller May Not Re-Enter D3 State After a USB Wake Event
- needs XHCI_PME_STUCK_QUIRK in driver (sets bit 28 at offset 80a4)

Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000
Intel® Pentium® Silver J5005
Intel® Celeron® N4000 and N4100
Intel® Celeron® J4105 and J4005

USB xHCI Controller May Not Re-enter a D3 State After a USB Wake Even
Need to clear PME_EN bit of of the standard PCI PM_CSR register.
I think Linux does this anyway (clears enabling PME when reaching D0)
So if I remember correct there was no specific workaround needed for this.

what is the PCI ID of your xhci controller? (lspci -nn)

One other possible cause is that xHCI never reaches PCI device D3 suspend state during system suspend.
xHC can't generate PME# wake event from normal running PCI device D0 state.

PCI code in Linux will check with ACPI about the lowest possible D state when suspending,
If there is something missing from the xHCI entry in ACPI DSDT table it might select D0.
as the suspend state, causing wake failure.

Is there a BIOS update available for your ASUS and Acer?

-Mathias

  Last update: 2018-03-15 12:43    [W:2.125 / U:0.812 seconds]