SubjectRe: What was last kernel that booted on hardware XY? database was Re: [BUG] x86 : i486 reporting to be vulnerable to Meltdown/Spectre_V1/Spectre_V2A
Hi!

> >> I am interested and will help. I have i486/i586/Pentium Pro/Pentium
> >> II/Pentium II Xeon/Pentium 4 systems to test on. Oddly, I don't yet
> >> have Pentium III systems.
> >>
> >> I think an associated goal would be to fix those broken versions.
> >>
> >> I think this is a great project for college students to get experience
> >> with. Who else is interested?
> >
> > Ok, I started something:
> >
> > https://github.com/pavelmachek/missy
> >
> This is a good start. Could we start to create a hierarchy of major
> architectures next? I propose the following:

For desktop PCs, I guess grouping by CPU type makes sense. But I guess
I'd prefer grouping CPUs by manufacturer, not by CPU "family".

So I'd propose

pc/intel/i486
pc/cyrix/cx486
pc/amd/am486

> You would put the computer you tested it on inside one of these directories.
>
> This will need to be edited if you choose to use it. I left out items
> I know little about, such as Geode GX1, Geode LX, VIA C3-2, VIA C7,
> Transmeta Crusoe and Efficeon, Winchip-2, Winchip-C6, and certainly
> others.

Advantage is, that even if you know little about the chip, you know
who manufactured it and how it is called :-).

Best regards,
Pavel

  Last update: 2018-02-23 09:07    [W:0.054 / U:0.272 seconds]