lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2018]   [Feb]   [13]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: INFO: rcu detected stall in __xfrm_decode_session
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 4:22 PM, syzbot
> <syzbot+9a24dafd2f9855d33cd3@syzkaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> syzbot hit the following crash on net-next commit
>> d0adb51edb73c94a595bfa9d9bd8b35977e74fbf
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this crash yet.
>> Raw console output is attached.
>> compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
>> .config is attached.
>
>
> +xfrm maintainers


This seems to be hard to reproduce, but we are also seeing similar
hangs on 4.4 kernels.

I don't know if it's related or not, but we are also seeing KMSAN
warnings about usage of uninit memory in this function. KMSAN seems to
be saying that the function over-reads skb buffer. Though, the tool
still has some false positives, so take this with a grain of salt.


BUG: KMSAN: use of uninitialized memory in
_decode_session6+0x5b8/0xee0 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c:144
CPU: 0 PID: 3168 Comm: syzkaller763058 Tainted: G B 4.13.0+ #16
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine,
BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
<IRQ>
__dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:16 [inline]
dump_stack+0x172/0x1c0 lib/dump_stack.c:52
kmsan_report+0x153/0x3c0 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:945
__msan_warning_32+0x68/0xb0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:477
_decode_session6+0x5b8/0xee0 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c:144
__xfrm_decode_session+0xfc/0x180 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2421
xfrm_decode_session_reverse include/net/xfrm.h:1176 [inline]
icmpv6_route_lookup net/ipv6/icmp.c:375 [inline]
icmp6_send+0x2a94/0x2d90 net/ipv6/icmp.c:536
icmpv6_send+0x95/0xc0 net/ipv6/ip6_icmp.c:42
ip6_input_finish+0x1da8/0x1e80 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:305
NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:248 [inline]
ip6_input+0x239/0x290 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:327
dst_input include/net/dst.h:477 [inline]
ip6_rcv_finish net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:71 [inline]
NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:248 [inline]
ipv6_rcv+0x1f0a/0x2460 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:208
__netif_receive_skb_core+0x342a/0x3c50 net/core/dev.c:4298
__netif_receive_skb net/core/dev.c:4336 [inline]
process_backlog+0x609/0xc50 net/core/dev.c:5102
napi_poll net/core/dev.c:5500 [inline]
net_rx_action+0xd2d/0x1620 net/core/dev.c:5566
__do_softirq+0x485/0x83e kernel/softirq.c:284
do_softirq_own_stack+0x1c/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:898
</IRQ>
do_softirq kernel/softirq.c:328 [inline]
__local_bh_enable_ip+0x181/0x1b0 kernel/softirq.c:181
local_bh_enable+0x36/0x40 include/linux/bottom_half.h:31
rcu_read_unlock_bh include/linux/rcupdate.h:705 [inline]
ip6_finish_output2+0x1a91/0x1c70 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:121
ip6_finish_output+0x764/0x970 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:146
NF_HOOK_COND include/linux/netfilter.h:237 [inline]
ip6_output+0x4cd/0x590 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:163
dst_output include/net/dst.h:471 [inline]
ip6_local_out+0x408/0x530 net/ipv6/output_core.c:176
ip6_send_skb net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:1735 [inline]
ip6_push_pending_frames+0x1c5/0x490 net/ipv6/ip6_output.c:1755
rawv6_push_pending_frames net/ipv6/raw.c:613 [inline]
rawv6_sendmsg+0x40c8/0x43a0 net/ipv6/raw.c:932
inet_sendmsg+0x4c5/0x670 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:762
sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:633 [inline]
sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:643 [inline]
SYSC_sendto+0x608/0x710 net/socket.c:1736
SyS_sendto+0x8a/0xb0 net/socket.c:1704
entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x13/0x94
RIP: 0033:0x445cf9
RSP: 002b:00007fe7837f0cf8 EFLAGS: 00000212 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002c
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000445cf9
RDX: 0000000000000801 RSI: 0000000020e95d21 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000020d7e50e R09: 000000000000001c
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000212 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 00007ffe5b38890f R14: 00007fe7837f19c0 R15: 0000000000000000

origin:
slab_alloc_node mm/slub.c:2732 [inline]
__kmalloc_node_track_caller+0x1a5/0x3b0 mm/slub.c:4351
__kmalloc_reserve net/core/skbuff.c:138 [inline]
pskb_expand_head+0x1b9/0x1320 net/core/skbuff.c:1217
__pskb_pull_tail+0x1f5/0x2220 net/core/skbuff.c:1631
pskb_may_pull include/linux/skbuff.h:2012 [inline]
_decode_session6+0x662/0xee0 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c:145
__xfrm_decode_session+0xfc/0x180 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2421
xfrm_decode_session_reverse include/net/xfrm.h:1176 [inline]
icmpv6_route_lookup net/ipv6/icmp.c:375 [inline]
icmp6_send+0x2a94/0x2d90 net/ipv6/icmp.c:536
icmpv6_send+0x95/0xc0 net/ipv6/ip6_icmp.c:42
ip6_input_finish+0x1da8/0x1e80 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:305
NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:248 [inline]
ip6_input+0x239/0x290 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:327
dst_input include/net/dst.h:477 [inline]
ip6_rcv_finish net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:71 [inline]
NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:248 [inline]
ipv6_rcv+0x1f0a/0x2460 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:208
__netif_receive_skb_core+0x342a/0x3c50 net/core/dev.c:4298
__netif_receive_skb net/core/dev.c:4336 [inline]
process_backlog+0x609/0xc50 net/core/dev.c:5102
napi_poll net/core/dev.c:5500 [inline]
net_rx_action+0xd2d/0x1620 net/core/dev.c:5566
__do_softirq+0x485/0x83e kernel/softirq.c:284
==================================================================

FTR, the KMSAN report was obtained on this commit
https://github.com/google/kmsan/commit/7f410dce31314730425de3843c8e7d70f9794e51




>> IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
>> Reported-by: syzbot+9a24dafd2f9855d33cd3@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
>> It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for
>> details.
>> If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.
>>
>> netlink: 4 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process
>> `syz-executor0'.
>> INFO: rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU
>> INFO: rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks:
>> 0-...!: (1 GPs behind) idle=c92/140000000000001/0
>> softirq=414248/414250 fqs=23
>> (detected by 1, t=125002 jiffies, g=240513, c=240512, q=235)
>> Sending NMI from CPU 1 to CPUs 0:
>> NMI backtrace for cpu 0
>> CPU: 0 PID: 7 Comm: ksoftirqd/0 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc5+ #177
>> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
>> Google 01/01/2011
>> RIP: 0010:__preempt_count_add arch/x86/include/asm/preempt.h:76 [inline]
>> RIP: 0010:delay_tsc+0x48/0x70 arch/x86/lib/delay.c:68
>> RSP: 0018:ffff8801db206ff0 EFLAGS: 00000007
>> RAX: 000001f123cf45ac RBX: ffffffff88460f20 RCX: 000001f123cf422e
>> RDX: 000000000000037e RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 00000000000008fd
>> RBP: ffff8801db206ff0 R08: 1ffff1003b640d57 R09: 000000000000000c
>> R10: ffff8801db206f78 R11: 0000000000000060 R12: 0000000000002708
>> R13: 0000000000000020 R14: fffffbfff108c229 R15: fffffbfff108c1ed
>> FS: 0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8801db200000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
>> CS: 0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
>> CR2: 00000000201e0000 CR3: 0000000006422004 CR4: 00000000001606f0
>> DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
>> DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
>> Call Trace:
>> <IRQ>
>> __delay arch/x86/lib/delay.c:161 [inline]
>> __const_udelay+0x5b/0x70 arch/x86/lib/delay.c:175
>> wait_for_xmitr+0x6f/0x1e0 drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_port.c:2041
>> serial8250_console_putchar+0x1f/0x60
>> drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_port.c:3170
>> uart_console_write+0xac/0xe0 drivers/tty/serial/serial_core.c:1858
>> serial8250_console_write+0x64f/0xa40
>> drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_port.c:3236
>> univ8250_console_write+0x5f/0x70 drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_core.c:590
>> call_console_drivers kernel/printk/printk.c:1574 [inline]
>> console_unlock+0x788/0xd80 kernel/printk/printk.c:2233
>> vprintk_emit+0x4ad/0x590 kernel/printk/printk.c:1757
>> vprintk_default+0x28/0x30 kernel/printk/printk.c:1796
>> vprintk_func+0x57/0xc0 kernel/printk/printk_safe.c:379
>> printk+0xaa/0xca kernel/printk/printk.c:1829
>> print_cpu_stall_info_begin kernel/rcu/tree_plugin.h:1657 [inline]
>> print_cpu_stall kernel/rcu/tree.c:1594 [inline]
>> check_cpu_stall.isra.61+0x845/0x15b0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:1676
>> __rcu_pending kernel/rcu/tree.c:3440 [inline]
>> rcu_pending kernel/rcu/tree.c:3502 [inline]
>> rcu_check_callbacks+0x256/0xd00 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2842
>> update_process_times+0x30/0x60 kernel/time/timer.c:1630
>> tick_sched_handle+0x85/0x160 kernel/time/tick-sched.c:162
>> tick_sched_timer+0x42/0x120 kernel/time/tick-sched.c:1166
>> __run_hrtimer kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1211 [inline]
>> __hrtimer_run_queues+0x358/0xe20 kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1275
>> hrtimer_interrupt+0x1c2/0x5e0 kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1309
>> local_apic_timer_interrupt arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1025 [inline]
>> smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x14a/0x700 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1050
>> apic_timer_interrupt+0xa9/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:904
>> </IRQ>
>> RIP: 0010:_decode_session6+0x555/0x1380 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c:148
>> RSP: 0018:ffff8801d9f3e590 EFLAGS: 00000a03 ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffff11
>> RAX: 1ffff1003a6418d0 RBX: ffff8801d320c5c0 RCX: ffff8801d320c684
>> RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 000000000000fc89 RDI: ffff8801d320c644
>> RBP: ffff8801d9f3e618 R08: ffffed0037a8a2a5 R09: ffffed0037a8a2a5
>> R10: 000000000000000b R11: ffffed0037a8a2a4 R12: 000000000000fe61
>> R13: ffff8801d9f3e8f0 R14: 000000000000fcb0 R15: dffffc0000000000
>> __xfrm_decode_session+0x68/0x110 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2358
>> __xfrm_policy_check+0x18c/0x2350 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2393
>> __xfrm_policy_check2 include/net/xfrm.h:1170 [inline]
>> xfrm_policy_check include/net/xfrm.h:1175 [inline]
>> xfrm6_policy_check include/net/xfrm.h:1185 [inline]
>> rawv6_rcv+0x8f6/0x1200 net/ipv6/raw.c:424
>> ipv6_raw_deliver net/ipv6/raw.c:224 [inline]
>> raw6_local_deliver+0x819/0xa80 net/ipv6/raw.c:240
>> ip6_input_finish+0x3c7/0x17a0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:246
>> NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:250 [inline]
>> ip6_input+0xe9/0x560 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:327
>> dst_input include/net/dst.h:449 [inline]
>> ip6_rcv_finish+0x1a9/0x7a0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:71
>> NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:250 [inline]
>> ipv6_rcv+0xf37/0x1fa0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:208
>> __netif_receive_skb_core+0x1a41/0x3460 net/core/dev.c:4499
>> __netif_receive_skb+0x2c/0x1b0 net/core/dev.c:4564
>> process_backlog+0x203/0x740 net/core/dev.c:5244
>> napi_poll net/core/dev.c:5642 [inline]
>> net_rx_action+0x792/0x1910 net/core/dev.c:5708
>> __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285
>> run_ksoftirqd+0x50/0x100 kernel/softirq.c:666
>> smpboot_thread_fn+0x450/0x7c0 kernel/smpboot.c:164
>> kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
>> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:515
>> Code: d1 48 09 c1 0f ae e8 0f 31 48 c1 e2 20 48 09 d0 48 89 c2 48 29 ca 48
>> 39
>> Lost 40 message(s)!
>> rcu_sched kthread starved for 124900 jiffies! g240513 c240512 f0x0
>> RCU_GP_WAIT_FQS(3) ->state=0x402 ->cpu=1
>> rcu_sched I23456 8 2 0x80000000
>> Call Trace:
>> context_switch kernel/sched/core.c:2799 [inline]
>> __schedule+0x8eb/0x2060 kernel/sched/core.c:3375
>> schedule+0xf5/0x430 kernel/sched/core.c:3434
>> schedule_timeout+0x118/0x230 kernel/time/timer.c:1795
>> rcu_gp_kthread+0x9e5/0x1930 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2314
>> kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
>> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:515
>> 0-...!: (1 GPs behind) idle=c92/140000000000001/0
>> softirq=414248/414250 fqs=23
>> (t=126311 jiffies g=240513 c=240512 q=235)
>> rcu_sched kthread starved for 126214 jiffies! g240513 c240512 f0x2
>> RCU_GP_WAIT_FQS(3) ->state=0x0 ->cpu=1
>> rcu_sched R running task 23456 8 2 0x80000000
>> Call Trace:
>> context_switch kernel/sched/core.c:2799 [inline]
>> __schedule+0x8eb/0x2060 kernel/sched/core.c:3375
>> schedule+0xf5/0x430 kernel/sched/core.c:3434
>> schedule_timeout+0x118/0x230 kernel/time/timer.c:1795
>> rcu_gp_kthread+0x9e5/0x1930 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2314
>> kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
>> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:515
>> NMI backtrace for cpu 0
>> CPU: 0 PID: 7 Comm: ksoftirqd/0 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc5+ #177
>> Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
>> Google 01/01/2011
>> Call Trace:
>> <IRQ>
>> __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
>> dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
>> nmi_cpu_backtrace+0x1d2/0x210 lib/nmi_backtrace.c:103
>> nmi_trigger_cpumask_backtrace+0x122/0x180 lib/nmi_backtrace.c:62
>> arch_trigger_cpumask_backtrace+0x14/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/apic/hw_nmi.c:38
>> trigger_single_cpu_backtrace include/linux/nmi.h:156 [inline]
>> rcu_dump_cpu_stacks+0x186/0x1d9 kernel/rcu/tree.c:1459
>> print_cpu_stall kernel/rcu/tree.c:1608 [inline]
>> check_cpu_stall.isra.61+0xbb8/0x15b0 kernel/rcu/tree.c:1676
>> __rcu_pending kernel/rcu/tree.c:3440 [inline]
>> rcu_pending kernel/rcu/tree.c:3502 [inline]
>> rcu_check_callbacks+0x256/0xd00 kernel/rcu/tree.c:2842
>> update_process_times+0x30/0x60 kernel/time/timer.c:1630
>> tick_sched_handle+0x85/0x160 kernel/time/tick-sched.c:162
>> tick_sched_timer+0x42/0x120 kernel/time/tick-sched.c:1166
>> __run_hrtimer kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1211 [inline]
>> __hrtimer_run_queues+0x358/0xe20 kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1275
>> hrtimer_interrupt+0x1c2/0x5e0 kernel/time/hrtimer.c:1309
>> local_apic_timer_interrupt arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1025 [inline]
>> smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x14a/0x700 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1050
>> apic_timer_interrupt+0xa9/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:904
>> </IRQ>
>> RIP: 0010:_decode_session6+0x555/0x1380 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c:148
>> RSP: 0018:ffff8801d9f3e590 EFLAGS: 00000a03 ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffff11
>> RAX: 1ffff1003a6418d0 RBX: ffff8801d320c5c0 RCX: ffff8801d320c684
>> RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 000000000000fc89 RDI: ffff8801d320c644
>> RBP: ffff8801d9f3e618 R08: ffffed0037a8a2a5 R09: ffffed0037a8a2a5
>> R10: 000000000000000b R11: ffffed0037a8a2a4 R12: 000000000000fe61
>> R13: ffff8801d9f3e8f0 R14: 000000000000fcb0 R15: dffffc0000000000
>> __xfrm_decode_session+0x68/0x110 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2358
>> __xfrm_policy_check+0x18c/0x2350 net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c:2393
>> __xfrm_policy_check2 include/net/xfrm.h:1170 [inline]
>> xfrm_policy_check include/net/xfrm.h:1175 [inline]
>> xfrm6_policy_check include/net/xfrm.h:1185 [inline]
>> rawv6_rcv+0x8f6/0x1200 net/ipv6/raw.c:424
>> ipv6_raw_deliver net/ipv6/raw.c:224 [inline]
>> raw6_local_deliver+0x819/0xa80 net/ipv6/raw.c:240
>> ip6_input_finish+0x3c7/0x17a0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:246
>> NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:250 [inline]
>> ip6_input+0xe9/0x560 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:327
>> dst_input include/net/dst.h:449 [inline]
>> ip6_rcv_finish+0x1a9/0x7a0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:71
>> NF_HOOK include/linux/netfilter.h:250 [inline]
>> ipv6_rcv+0xf37/0x1fa0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:208
>> __netif_receive_skb_core+0x1a41/0x3460 net/core/dev.c:4499
>> __netif_receive_skb+0x2c/0x1b0 net/core/dev.c:4564
>> process_backlog+0x203/0x740 net/core/dev.c:5244
>> napi_poll net/core/dev.c:5642 [inline]
>> net_rx_action+0x792/0x1910 net/core/dev.c:5708
>> __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285
>> run_ksoftirqd+0x50/0x100 kernel/softirq.c:666
>> smpboot_thread_fn+0x450/0x7c0 kernel/smpboot.c:164
>> kthread+0x33c/0x400 kernel/kthread.c:238
>> ret_from_fork+0x24/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:515
>> INFO: NMI handler (nmi_cpu_backtrace_handler) took too long to run: 1.115
>> msecs
>>
>>
>> ---
>> This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
>> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
>> Direct all questions to syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
>>
>> syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
>> If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is
>> merged
>> into any tree, please reply to this email with:
>> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
>> To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
>> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
>> If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
>> #syz invalid
>> Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug
>> report.
>> Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "syzkaller-bugs" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to syzkaller-bugs+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/syzkaller-bugs/001a113f6d56977f0b056505705a%40google.com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2018-02-13 10:56    [W:0.038 / U:1.216 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site