SubjectRe: INFO: rcu detected stall in memcpy
On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 15:17:23 +0100,
Takashi Iwai wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 15:01:06 +0100,
> Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:57 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:

> > > Not sure exactly what triggers it. It's the simple memcpy(), and I
> > > don't know where RCU is involved in that code path.
> > >
> > > BTW, other two suspicious RCU usage reports are actually stopped at
> > > the second WARN_ON() after the RCU message, and the second WARN_ON()
> > > is independent from RCU; it's the known spurious WARN_ON() and was
> > > already removed in the sound git tree.
> >

> > Hi Takashi,
> >
> > Another similar one just popped up:
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/syzkaller-bugs/X3d6-PIrJM0
> >
> > This looks like mulaw_decode enters an infinite loop, or at least
> > doing very large amount of computations without a resched, e.g.
> > (uint64_t)-1 number of iterations of something along these lines.
>
> OK, that makes sense.
>
> My rough guess is that it's the misconfigured aloop device by
> concurrent setup. The aloop device allows to restrict the parameters
> of the other side of the connection, and something bad may happen
> there if both sides are updated concurrently.
>
> We've seen segfault by memset() at loopback_preapre() in
> sound/drivers/aloop.c by syzbot+3902b5220e8ca27889ca, too, which
> indicates also the wrongly setup parameters that overflows the
> allocated buffer.

Below two patches may possibly plug the holes, but I'm not entirely
sure whether that's the exact culprit. Could you put them into syzbot
to watch whether they have any influence?

In anyway, they are obvious bugs to be fixed, so I'm going to queue to
my tree.

thanks,

Takashi

[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2018-01-04 18:03    [W:0.243 / U:0.652 seconds]