SubjectRe: LKML admins (syzbot emails are not delivered)
Date

04.01.2018, 12:23, "Greg Kroah-Hartman" <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 10:09:16AM +0100, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  Some of syzbot emails don't appear on LKML mailing lists, while they
>>  were mailed as any other emails. Here are few examples:
>>
>>  "KASAN: use-after-free Read in rds_tcp_dev_event"
>>  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/nEeIAsNLWL4/1GzamOmRAwAJ
>>
>>  "general protection fault in __wake_up_common"
>>  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/4TrrZ0bIViw/rBcYLUJHAgAJ
>>
>>  Does anybody know how to get in contact with real people behind LKML
>>  and/or bugzilla?
>>
>>  I am trying to understand why this happens, but failed so far (it does
>>  not do any obviously prohibited stuff, and replies to these emails are
>>  delivered).
>
> You should get a bounce notice from vger if the email is being rejected.
> If not, you might be on the spam filter list, which is listed on vger,
> did you check that?
>
>>  I tried to use autoanswer@vger.kernel.org (which is
>>  referenced from http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html), but it
>>  now always return:
>>
>>  554 5.0.0 Hi [209.85.192.182], unresolvable address:
>>  <autoanswer@vger.kernel.org>; nosuchuser; autoanswer@vger.kernel.org

Hello,

autoanswer is just automated reply address that the lmkl system works and your email arrives.
LKML e-mail list implemented SPF, DKIM and DMARC and I think some domains were forbid.
For example yandex.ru or mail.ru

I think should add David (Miller), I added.

> autoanswer is not for admin requests.
>
>>  I failed to find any admin email referenced anywhere.
>
> Look a bit harder, like at the bottom of this page:
>         http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>
> :)
>
>>  On a related note, I also tried to contact bugzilla admins via
>>  rt.linuxfoundation.org. But there is complete silence. Does anybody
>>  know how to get it touch with these people?

And please check MX:

http://vger.kernel.org/mxverify.html

Ozgur

> Did you get an answer back from the rt system? If not, it did not go
> through, and the help address might have changed. I can dig it up if
> so...
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

  Last update: 2018-01-04 10:57    [W:0.149 / U:0.712 seconds]