SubjectRe: Avoid speculative indirect calls in kernel
> So you say, that we finally need a perl interpreter in the kernel to do
> alternative patching?

I don't think perl or objtool makes sense. That would be just incredibly
fragile because compilers can reorder and mix code.

It could be done with a gcc change I suppose. That should be reliable.

But that would need to be developed first. We don't have it right now.

As the first step a compile time approach should be sufficient.
We can add a CONFIG option so people can chose at compile time.

Then later we can investigate run time patching.

-Andi

  Last update: 2018-01-04 01:41    [W:0.172 / U:4.116 seconds]