SubjectRe: platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi: Adjustments for four function implementations
> I understand it can be frustrating to encounter different policies
> across kernel maintainers.

The change acceptance is varying for special transformation patterns.

> You'll even run in to this with maintainers of the same subsystem
> from time to time.

Interesting, isn't it?

> I'm supportive of cleaning up old code in general,

> and we routinely apply such patches as these developed with cocci.

Good to know …

> 1. This is init code )so any space savings is short lived)

Would you dare to achieve another small improvement there?

> So it isn't that we place a low value on coding style guidelines,
> but rather we place higher value on not perturbing code

I can follow this view in principle.

> we can't fully test without a demonstrable functional reasons to do so.

How do you think about to get a bit nicer run time characteristics?

 \ /
  Last update: 2018-01-03 09:42    [W:0.059 / U:2.824 seconds]