SubjectRe: [net-next: PATCH v3 0/7] Armada 7k/8k PP2 ACPI support
Hi Andrew,

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 05:55:39PM +0100, Marcin Wojtas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a third version of the patchset introducing mvpp2 driver ability
>> to operate with ACPI. Until follow-up generic MDIO is introduced
>> it can using the link interrupt capability (a.k.a. in-band management)
>> on all ports, 1000BaseT RGMII included.
>> Driver operation was tested on top of the net-next branch
>> with both DT and ACPI on MacchiatoBin and Armada 7040 DB boards.
>>
>> The main changes were requested during v2 review, which was
>> adding generic helper routines for:
>> * interating over available fwnodes (new patch 4/7)
>> * getting IRQ directly from fwnode (new patch 3/7)
>
> Hi Marcin
>
> Thanks for adding these helpers. It makes the changes for ACPI much
> less invasive and more natural.
>
> Does the IRQ helper solve the issue of getting an interrupt from a
> child node? I don't see this explicitly mentioned in the commit. It
> seems to be getting it from a device. Is the child a device?

I didn't use word 'child', but this is what exactly what the new
helper is capable of. Hence this should easily fit PHY IRQs,
regardless shape of their final ACPI representation. It's now enough
to have an ACPI handle with IRQ defined in its own _CRS method - it
does not have to be a parent / platform_device.

For the reference, please check the IRQs defined under ETHx subnodes
of the PP2 controllers nodes on MacchiatoBin:
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/edk2-open-platform/blob/71ae395da1661374b0f07d1602afb1eee56e9794/Platforms/Marvell/Armada/AcpiTables/Armada80x0McBin/Dsdt.asl#L201

Best regards,
Marcin

  Last update: 2018-01-18 00:21    [W:0.079 / U:0.308 seconds]