SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] mux/gpio.c is not able to get any gpio pins
On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Peter Rosin <peda@axentia.se> wrote:
> On 2018-01-17 10:35, Linus Walleij wrote:

>> I would first try to add the gpio range in the DTS. Then the
>> GPIO core will add the range (the code is in drivers/gpio/gpiolib-of.c)
>> and everything will be happy.
>
> If I, in the above mentioned node, add
>
> gpio-ranges = <&ioexp 0 0 8>;
>
> it works.

OK good.

>> Another solution would be to do what Intel does and add a
>> static GPIO range. Since the SX150x doesn't seem very
>> configurable wrt pins-to-gpios mappings, this should be fine.
>
> Adding the below on top of the previous pinctrl/gpiochip reshuffle
> also works (with the dt change reverted, of course).

I think we should probably just do this.

> please state where you want that pinctrl_enable
> call; together with devm_pinctrl_register_and_init (or perhaps
> just use plain old deprecated devm_pinctrl_register), or at the
> end of the probe, after the gpio init block?

Definately before the gpio init, since GPIO is making use
of pin control.

I would put it immediatelt after devm_pinctrl_register_and_init()
unless you need something specific to happen inbetween.

Yours,
Linus Walleij

  Last update: 2018-01-18 00:20    [W:1.923 / U:0.040 seconds]