SubjectRe: PM regression in next
Date

Hi all

> > > Most devices have one regmap per device which can be retrieved with
> > > dev_get_regmap(), it's the attempt to use that which I suspect is
> > > broken. Like I said snd_soc_codec_init_regmap() ought to fix things if
> > > that's the issue.
>
> > OK. Adding Peter to loop as it's his driver after all. Not sure
> > how well mixing regmap register access to the same module with
> > cached twl4030_read() would work :)
>
> Yes, that local cache is not a super good idea any more and hopefully
> redundant.
>
> > Maybe there should also be some big warning happening if
> > snd_soc_codec_init_regmap() is now needed and no regmap is
> > found?
>
> Some devices just plain don't have registers at all (perhaps GPIOs or
> just stub drivers providing capability information). However we should
> be screaming loudly about the fact that the I/O we tried to do fails,
> that clearly shouldn't be being ignored.

I'm sorry that my patch breaks your drivers.
It seems removing .read/.write callback was too much aggressive.
I hope your driver will be OK by using regmap.
In worst case, we can back .read/.write, but it will be component driver side.

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto

  Last update: 2018-01-15 02:47    [W:0.124 / U:0.032 seconds]