SubjectRe: DMA error when sg->offset value is greater than PAGE_SIZE in Intel IOMMU

On 20-09-2017 13:31, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Harsh Jain <Harsh@chelsio.com> wrote:
>> While debugging DMA mapping error in chelsio crypto driver we observed that when scatter/gather list received by driver has some entry with page->offset > 4096 (PAGE_SIZE). It starts giving DMA error.  Without IOMMU it works fine.
> This is not a bug. The network stack can and will feed us such
> SG lists.
>
>> 2) It cannot be driver's responsibilty to update received sg entries to adjust offset and page
>> because we are not the only one who directly uses received sg list.
> No the driver must deal with this. Having said that, if we can
> improve our driver helper interface to make this easier then we
> should do that too. What we certainly shouldn't do is to take a
> whack-a-mole approach like this patch does.
Agreed,I added that patch for understanding purpose only. Today I referred other crypto driver for DMA related code. Most of them are using dma_map_sg except QAT. In QAT, They are first updating the Page address using offset then mapping each page in for loop with dma_map_single(0. I will try the same in chelsio driver will see the behavior.

> Cheers,

  Last update: 2017-09-20 13:31    [W:0.096 / U:11.512 seconds]