SubjectRe: RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter crashed with linux-4.13
On 09/16/2017 06:27 AM, Zwindl wrote:
> Hi, I've done the test, and the weird thing happened. The kernel buit with this
> config file https://ptpb.pw/HF1g which is from
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-git/  can run properly, the wifi can
> connect, despite which version it is, but, with this config file
> https://ptpb.pw/7GuV which comes from the archlinux's official package build
> repo(linux-package
> <https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/linux>),
> all the version begin with 4.13 was failed to connect wifi.
> So, I think the issue is not caused by the kernel code, is caused by some
> options in the config file, but I can't fully understand the meaning of these
> options so that I can't determine which option caused that issue, what should I
> do now, maybe report this bug to archlinux's maintainer?
> By the way, maybe I'll lost internet connection tomorrow, it's time to back to
> university, but I'm happy to help to push the debug progress.

Yes, you need to report this to archlinux's bugzilla or maintainer, whichever is
appropriate. I have seen a configuration error cause some feature to be silently
missing, but leading to a WARN is rare.

I looked at your two configurations, but did not see a definitive difference.

Larry

  Last update: 2017-09-16 19:26    [W:0.059 / U:0.636 seconds]