SubjectRe: n900 in next-20170901
On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 09:16:51AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@lge.com> [170907 00:30]:
> > On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 06:30:57AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > * Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@lge.com> [170905 16:32]:
> > >
> > > CONFIG_HIGHMEM is set yeah.

> > > Does not seem to help, tried against next with just 9caf25f996e8
> > > revert and also with 9caf25f996e8.
> >
> > Oops. I misunderstood your problem. Could you test with
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL?
>
> Sure.
>
> > After commit 9caf25f996e8, user for CMA memory should use to check
> > PageHighmem in order to get proper virtual address of the page. If
> > someone doesn't use it, it is possible to use wrong virtual address
> > and it then causes the use of wrong physical address.
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL would catch this case.
>
> OK, no extra output of current next with CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL=y.
> Booting of n900 hangs with just the same error:
>
> save_secure_sram() returns 0000ff02
>
> > If it doesn't help, is there a way to test n900 configuration in QEMU?
>
> I doubt that QEMU n900 boots in secure mode but instead shows
> the SoC as general purpose SoC. If so, you'd have to patch the
> omap3_save_secure_ram_context() to attempt to save secure RAM
> context in all cases. If that works then debugging with any
> omap3 board like beagleboard in QEMU should work.

Sorry for late response.

I tried to emulate beagle board by using QEMU and now I find the way
and it works. However, it doesn't call omap3_save_secure_ram_context()
due to different omap_type(). And, even if I call it forcibly, the
system dies with prefetch abort regardless of commit 9caf25f996e8.

Could you let me know the better way to test your situation?

Anyway, could you test linux-next with 'CONFIG_HIGHMEM = n'?
I'd like to know if the issue is related to the change that
all CMA memory is managed like as highmem.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2017-09-13 09:54    [W:0.124 / U:0.240 seconds]