SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the net tree
Hi Neal,

On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 22:21:43 -0400 Neal Cardwell <ncardwell@google.com> wrote:

> > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> > is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> > complex conflicts.
>
> Sorry about that. Will try to follow that procedure in the future.

The above is a generic statement I add to all these emails. It is
aimed more at the maintainers if the trees involved, no the developers
of patches. I don't think you need to do anything different in these
cases with the "net" and "net-next" tree. Dave Miller will fix up any
conflicts when he next merges the net tree into the net-next tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

  Last update: 2017-08-07 07:00    [W:0.404 / U:0.156 seconds]