SubjectRe: RFC: Revert move default dialect from CIFS to to SMB3
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Lo! To give a bit more background to this (the mail I reply to was the
> first I sent with git send-email and I missed some details): Maybe I'm
> over stretching my abilities/position as regression tracker with this
> RFC for a revert, but I hope it at least triggers a discussion if such a
> revert should be done or not.

I don't think that a revert is appropriate.

But perhaps just a single printk() or something if the user does *not*
specify the version explicitly? Just saying something like

We used to default to 1.0, we now default to 3.0, if you want old
defaults, use "vers=1.0"

Oh, looking at that version parsing code, I think we also need to fix
that legacy "ver=1" thing (ver without the 's') which now silently
ignores "ver=1" as being the "default", even though it's not.

I do *not* believe that "default to version 1" is acceptable.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-09-01 02:12    [W:0.067 / U:0.756 seconds]