SubjectRe: [Patch v2 00/19] CIFS: Implement SMBDirect
Hi,

>> This is great to see. Is there a Linux implementation of the server side (in
>> Samba?) so that the client can be tested without needing a Windows server?
>
> I'm not aware of a Linux implementation on server side.

Here's a very early work in progress branch:
https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-rdma
It only explores how the protocol works, as it uses a userspace
smb-direct proxy (which works around the missing fork support of the
userspace libibverbs), which makes it really slow, but is required
in order to have the code tested in Samba's autobuild.

I think once this code lands in the kernel tree, we'll be able to
arrange a userspace api to it, in order to make a useful implementation,
so we can skip the userspace smb-dorect proxy.

metze

  Last update: 2017-08-30 07:16    [W:0.082 / U:0.380 seconds]