SubjectRe: Switching to MQ by default may generate some bug reports
On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:17:21PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> Hi Mel Gorman,
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Mel Gorman <mgorman@techsingularity.net> wrote:
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > I know the reasons for switching to MQ by default but just be aware that it's
> > not without hazards albeit it the biggest issues I've seen are switching
> > CFQ to BFQ. On my home grid, there is some experimental automatic testing
> > running every few weeks searching for regressions. Yesterday, it noticed
> > that creating some work files for a postgres simulator called pgioperf
> > was 38.33% slower and it auto-bisected to the switch to MQ. This is just
> > linearly writing two files for testing on another benchmark and is not
> > remarkable. The relevant part of the report is
>
> We saw some SCSI-MQ performance issue too, please see if the following
> patchset fixes your issue:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-block&m=150151989915776&w=2

That series is dealing with problems with legacy-deadline vs mq-none where
as the bulk of the problems reported in this mail are related to
legacy-CFQ vs mq-BFQ.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2017-08-03 11:43    [W:0.076 / U:9.860 seconds]