SubjectRe: Switching to MQ by default may generate some bug reports
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Ming Lei <> wrote:
> Hi Mel Gorman,
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Mel Gorman <> wrote:
>> Hi Christoph,
>> I know the reasons for switching to MQ by default but just be aware that it's
>> not without hazards albeit it the biggest issues I've seen are switching
>> CFQ to BFQ. On my home grid, there is some experimental automatic testing
>> running every few weeks searching for regressions. Yesterday, it noticed
>> that creating some work files for a postgres simulator called pgioperf
>> was 38.33% slower and it auto-bisected to the switch to MQ. This is just
>> linearly writing two files for testing on another benchmark and is not
>> remarkable. The relevant part of the report is
> We saw some SCSI-MQ performance issue too, please see if the following
> patchset fixes your issue:

BTW, the above patches(V1) can be found in the following tree:

V2 has already been done but not posted out yet, because the performance test
on SRP isn't completed:

Ming Lei

 \ /
  Last update: 2017-08-03 11:33    [W:0.082 / U:0.340 seconds]