SubjectRe: I/O hangs after resuming from suspend-to-ram
Date
Wols Lists - 26.08.17, 18:17:
> On 26/08/17 12:19, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Also… when a hang happened the mouse pointer was frozen, Ctrl-Alt-F1
> > didn´t
> > work and so on… so it may easily be a completely different issue.
> >
> > I did not see much point in reporting it so far… as I have no idea on how
> > to reliably pin-point the issue. It happens once every few days, so a
> > bisect again is out of questions – (it is anyway for a production machine
> > for me) –, it appears to be a hard freeze, so no debug data… its one of
> > these "you don´t get to debug me" hangs again. I really have no idea how
> > to a get hold on such complexity. I am hoping to at least pin-point the
> > exact kernel option that triggers this issue, but it may take weeks to do
> > so. I´d really love a way for the kernel to at least to write out debug
> > data before doing hanging completely.
>
> This sounds like what I'm getting - SuSE 42.3, no raid, doesn't happen
> when the power lead is in (but I think the laptop is configured not to
> suspend when powered, precisely to avoid exactly this).
>
> It happens to me quite often, unfortunately, but it seems a KDE issue in
> that applications work fine, UNTIL KDE seems to get control of the mouse
> at which point I can't do anything.
>
> I've got a feeling it's related to wireless networking actually, my
> setup is somewhat borked because KDE, systemd, and wifi don't seem to
> work nicely together :-(

Well my issue isn´t related to wireless networking as my laptop at home is
using good old cable based ethernet. I do use Plasma tough. The issue of the
original poster appears to be blk-mq related.

As written, I have no idea whether my issue is related to blk-mq in any way.
Thats the next step I´d test. If the current kernel runs stable… then I´d
enable blk-mq by default again and test whether the hangs reappear. Unless I
can pinpoint the issue to blk-mq… I have nothing further to comment here, I
think. (And I didn´t intend to use the thread for every hang on resume issue
that currently may exist. I just don´t know yet whether my issue is related to
blk-mq so I chimed in.)

Thanks,
--
Martin

  Last update: 2017-08-26 21:34    [W:0.056 / U:0.228 seconds]