    SubjectRe: [HMM 12/15] mm/migrate: new memory migration helper for use with device memory v4
    On 7/20/17 6:33 PM, Jerome Glisse wrote:

    > So i pushed an updated hmm-next branch it should have all fixes so far, including
    > something that should fix this issue. I still want to go over all emails again
    > to make sure i am not forgetting anything.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jérôme

    Hi Jerome,

    Thanks for updating the documentation for hmm_devmem_ops.

    I have an inquiry about the "fault" callback, though. The documentation
    says "Returns: 0 on success", but can the driver set any VM_FAULT_*
    flags? For instance, the driver might want to set the VM_FAULT_MAJOR
    flag to indicate that a heavy-weight page migration has happened on the
    page fault.

    If that is possible, can you please update the documentation and list
    the flags that are permitted in the callback's return value?

    Thanks!

    --
    Evgeny Baskakov
    NVIDIA

      Last update: 2017-07-26 00:45    [W:2.801 / U:0.176 seconds]