SubjectRe: [RFC 1/2] PM / suspend: Add platform_suspend_target_state()

On 07/16/2017 06:41 AM, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> On 06/07/2017 at 05:18:19 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

>>> I concur, the regulator stuff is one aspect of one of our suspend state
>>> (cutting VDDcore). But we have another state where the main clock (going
>>> to the IPs) is going from a few hundred MHz to 32kHz. This is currently
>>> handled by calling at91_suspend_entering_slow_clock(). I think it is
>>> important to take that into account so we can remove this hack from the
>>> kernel.
>>
>> Cure should not be worse then the disease... and it is in this case.
>>
>> For clocks, take a look at clock framework, perhaps it already has "clock_will_be_suspended"
>> as regulator framework had. If not, implement it.
>>

> See Rafael's comment, currently, the clock framework can't say whether
> the clock will change because it doesn't know anything about the suspend
> target.
>
>> Same with memory retention, pin/pad controls.
>>

> Same here.

Exactly, here is another side effect of not knowing the platform
suspend/state that I came across on our platforms:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9561575/

(we later discussed this in details with Linus and this is why this very
patch set is being introduced now)
--
Florian

  Last update: 2017-07-16 17:36    [W:0.054 / U:0.912 seconds]