SubjectRe: Weird green patterns on video
On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Alexandre-Xavier L-L <axdoomer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone sent me a picture of a device that he tried to add support for
> in V4L2. The device causes a kind of diagonal pattern made of green
> lines on his image. I wonder what could be causing this. Has anyone
> seen this before?
>
> The device is a the first ever model of Ion Video 2 PC that uses a TM6010 chip.
>
> What he got: https://sebbro.nl/ION_Video2PC-TM6010_BOARD_GENERIC.png
>
> Expected result (captured from another device):
> https://sebbro.nl/VCR-reference.png
>
> The support for the device was added by adding
> { USB_DEVICE(0x15e4, 0x0140), .driver_info = TM6010_BOARD_GENERIC },
> to tm6000-cards.c.
>
> Thanks in advance for any clues.
> Alexandre-Xavier

YUV zero = RGB greenish, as you see there. From the looks of it, the
pitch on the buffer is wrong, and you're showing the parts of the
buffer that are left zeroed as if they were part of the visible
region. (Pitch = how many bytes between lines, which is not
necessarily the visible width of the buffer, as it can be rounded up
to various values for various reasons.)

Hope this helps,

-ilia

  Last update: 2017-06-05 00:19    [W:0.057 / U:0.156 seconds]