Subjectregmap for i2c pages
I'm working on a driver for an i2c based media controller device that
uses pages. By that I mean there are several pages of 8bit registers
and a page-select register that holds the current page. Multiple
accesses to the same page can occur without writing to this page
register but if you want to access another page you need to update it.

I believe this is a very common i2c register mechanism but I'm not
clear what the best way to use i2c regmap for this is. I'm reading
that regmap 'handles register pages' but I'm not clear if that's the
same thing I'm looking for. If so, are there any examples of this? I
see several i2c drivers that reference pages but it looks to me that
each page is a different i2c slave address which is something
different.

Regards,

Tim

  Last update: 2017-06-05 00:07    [W:0.042 / U:0.496 seconds]