SubjectRe: LTS testing with latest kselftests - some failures
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 09:47:21PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Some of the knobs however are for extending tests for
> existing APIs in older kernels, the async and custom fallback one are an
> example. There are a series of test cases later added which could help
> test LTS kernels. Would Linaro pick these test driver enhancements to help
> increase coverage of tests? Or is it not worth it? If its worth it then
> what I was curious was how to help make this easier for this process to
> bloom.

I don't understand, what do you mean by "pick these test driver
enhancements"? What kind of "knobs" are there in tests? Shouldn't the
tests "just work" with no kind of special configuration of the tests be
needed? No user is going to know to enable something special.

Make the tests "just work" please, because given the large number of
them, no one is going to know to look for special things.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2017-06-17 06:17    [W:0.070 / U:0.296 seconds]