Subject[Kernel.org Helpdesk #40777] Re: Linux 4.12-rc1 (file locations)
On 2017-05-14 13:59:22, rdunlap@infradead.org wrote:
> On 05/13/17 13:57, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > One thing worth noting - I haven't uploaded diffs or tar-balls for
> > this rc. Those should now be automagically generated by kernel.org for
> > the rc's, but that also means that they won't be signed by my key. If
> > you really care about signing, get the git repo and check the tag.
>

> There was some delay (don't know how much), but a bigger problem is
> the file(s) locations and (new) directory structure for them.

This is intentional to indicate the transient autogenerated nature of these files. They don't exist in the /pub tree and therefore it is misleading to rewrite URLs to place them there.

> Can the generated files please be put in the same places that (most or
> all) previous releases have used?

Not unless there is a convincing reason to do so (and please feel free to provide it, as this is not a final change and can always be undone should the counter-arguments be convincing).

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Senior Systems Administrator

  Last update: 2017-05-15 20:46    [W:0.072 / U:2.504 seconds]