SubjectRe: [RFC 6/8] nvmet: Be careful about using iomem accesses when dealing with p2pmem

On 04/04/17 04:59 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> We can never ever get here from an IO command, and that is a good thing
> because it would have been broken if we did, regardless of what copy
> method we use...

Yes, I changed this mostly for admin commands. I did notice connect
commands do end up reading from the p2mem and this patchset correctly
switches it to iomemcpy. However, based on Cristoph's comment, I hope to
make it more general such that iomem is hidden within sgls and any
access will either be correct or create a warning.

On 04/04/17 09:46 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Transactions might not complete at the NVMe device before the CPU
> processes the RDMA completion, however due to the PCI-E ordering rules
> new TLPs directed to the NVMe will complete after the RMDA TLPs and
> thus observe the new data. (eg order preserving)
>
> It would be very hard to use P2P if fabric ordering is not preserved..

Yes, my understanding is the same, the PCI-E ordering rules save us here.

Thanks,

Logan

  Last update: 2017-04-04 19:22    [W:0.203 / U:0.540 seconds]