SubjectRe: RFC: WMI Enhancements
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM,  <Mario.Limonciello@dell.com> wrote:
> [...]

IIUC we basically can't expose the SMI--based interface to this entry
point to userspace because of its use of physical addressing. It is
reasonably safe to expose the WMI version? (IOW should be expect that
it doesn't enable kernel-mode or SMM code execution?)

TBH, I've occasionally considered writing a driver to expose SMM code
execution on systems with a known reliable exploit :)

  Last update: 2017-04-13 19:45    [W:0.107 / U:0.140 seconds]