SubjectRe: Synaptics RMI4 touchpad regression in 4.11-rc1
On 03/14/2017 01:14 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Lo! On 14.03.2017 06:10, Cameron Gutman wrote:
>> The jumpiness definitely happens without lifting my finger, but I'm willing
>> to test any patch you think would improve the situation. Moving one finger
>> slowly in a figure-8 across my touchpad shows the issue clearly for me. The
>> small variations in speed of my finger due to the friction on the trackpad
>> get magnified to relatively large jumpy pointer movements on screen. It
>> seems much more noticeable in diagonal movements than completely vertical
>> or horizontal movements.
> @Andrew: Is there anything we can do to help track this down? A
> evemu-record of some movements or something like that? Or do we need to
> bring Peter into the loop in case it has something to do with libinput?

Yes, collecting some evemu-record logs of the jumps would be useful.
Only after installing Fedora 25 was I able to see jumps while moving
diagonally. I'm interested in seeing what others record and if it is the
same as what I saw. The log of the jump did show the jump on Fedora 25.
But, I did not see the jump with Ubuntu 16.10 with libinput 1.4.3.

Andrew

> Ciao, Thorsten

  Last update: 2017-03-15 02:21    [W:0.080 / U:1.144 seconds]