    SubjectRe: [RFC 1/1] shiftfs: uid/gid shifting bind mount
    On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 11:02:03AM -0800, James Bottomley wrote:
    > > Another option would be to require something like a project as used
    > > for project quotas as the root. This would also be conveniant as it
    > > could storge the used remapping tables.
    >
    > So this would be like the current project quota except set on a
    > subtree? I could see it being done that way but I don't see what
    > advantage it has over using flags in the subtree itself (the mapping is
    > known based on the mount namespace, so there's really only a single bit
    > of information to store).

    projects (which are the underling concept for project quotas) are
    per-subtree in practice - the flag is set on an inode and then
    all directories and files underneath inherit the project ID,
    hardlinking outside a project is prohinited.

      Last update: 2017-02-07 20:51    [W:4.778 / U:0.024 seconds]