SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86/platform changes for v4.11
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org> wrote:

> Mike Travis (2):
> [...]
>
> travis@sgi.com (8):
> [...]

Btw, can you be a bit more careful when applying patches to make sure
that the name and email address is actually good?

This seems to be due to some screw-up on Mike's part, since the
original email seems to have this crap in the headers:

From: "'Mike Travis" <travis@sgi.com>, '@sgi.com

which should never have worked but Mike apparently screwed up some
script, and mail transport generally has a "let any crap through"
tendency, but I would have hoped that people who commit these things
actually react to how bad the end result is.

Mike, please fix whatever braindamage your mail sending model has.

But Ingo and Thomas (I see both of you committing those broken
patches), please also look at what downstream sends you, and catch it
early rather than have crap authorship information.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-02-21 01:21    [W:0.036 / U:0.156 seconds]