SubjectRe: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

On 11.02.2017 15:21, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Gabriel C wrote:
>> Adding ' dis_ucode_ldr ' to commandline makes the kernel hangs right after :
>
> Wait a minute, are you saying that without dis_ucode_ldr you can't even
> boot so far?

Yes , it will hang before tsc message ..
Also sometimes I have same trace sometimes it just hangs forever.

>> clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x20ac7f6ecc6, max_idle_ns: 440795315461 ns
>>
>> and I have the bug triggered really quick..
>>
>> Also I cannot get netconsole to work , I'm sure is some problem here local and I don't have
>> any serial cable around right now. The only way I saw now to give you at least some ifo is to
>> make an video of that crash. You can find it there :
>>
>> http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash.mp4
>
> Watchdog fires on all cores showing they're all idle. For some reason,
> not all cores get to dump the watchdog splat, though. Some seem really
> stuck.
>
> And you have TAINT_FIRMWARE_WORKAROUND due to
> intel_prepare_irq_remapping() noticing intr remapping is broken on that
> box.

Well yes and I'm not so sure is really broken.. I reverted the patch blacklisted my box right after it was addeded
the time and I don't have any issues .. however since I don't have a use of that feature I don't really care is marked broken or not..

> Would be better if you could disable that frugalware splash screen and
> switch to grub console mode so that we can see the very beginning of the
> boot.

I do that tomorrow ...

> Btw, your BIOS is from 2013. Is there new one, per chance, on your
> vendor's site? Might wanna consider updating it...

This BIOS was / is newest one :(

  Last update: 2017-02-11 21:58    [W:2.669 / U:0.016 seconds]