SubjectRe: GemniLake laptops goes power off directly after performing suspend
Hi,

Adding intel-gfx list in case i915 developers can help. Updated summary below.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Chris Chiu <chiu@endlessm.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:

> >> I think maybe for GemniLake is a different issue. I tried Ubuntu-4.14.0-11.13
> >> kernel and 4.13 kernel. Both go power off immediately.
> >
> > OK, so yes, this is a different issue.
> > Is that suspend-to-idle or suspend-to-RAM (ACPI S3)?
>
> It's ACPI S3, suspend-to RAM. Due to it power off immediately,
> difficult for me to collect useful information

Multiple new Acer and Asus consumer products based on Intel GeminiLake
N4100/N5000 fail to go into S3 suspend-to-RAM. At the point when you
would normally expect the system to go into sleep, the computer
completely powers off.

The same happens under Windows 10 RS3, until the following Intel
graphics driver is installed:

Package: 530967
Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 23.20.16.4849
Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 10.00.00.1

After installing this driver, Windows can now go into S3 suspend and
also be resumed. I'm wondering if someone can check with the Windows
gfx driver developers what this driver does to affect S3 suspend, so
that we can fix up Linux behaviour.

Thanks
Daniel

  Last update: 2017-12-08 11:32    [W:0.152 / U:0.016 seconds]