SubjectRe: Difficulties for compilation without extra optimisation
> Why would you compile the kernel without optimization?

I would like to see how big an effect finally is in such a build configuration
after specific source code adjustments.

> There's many places in the kernel that WILL NOT BUILD without optimization.

I did not really know this detail so far.

I noticed that the optimised build variants worked during my test comparisons.

> In fact, we do a lot of tricks to make sure that things work the way
> we expect it to, because we add broken code that only gets compiled out
> when gcc optimizes the code the way we expect it to be,
> and the kernel build will break otherwise.

Thanks for your information.

Can the software areas distinguished where such special handling matters?

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2017-12-03 22:58    [W:1.011 / U:0.028 seconds]