SubjectRe: rtc: sysfs: move sysfs interface to Documentation/ABI
On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 05:23:33PM +0300, Ozgur wrote:

> 28.12.2017, 17:22, "Ozgur" <okaratas@yandex.com>:
> > 28.12.2017, 16:31, "Aishwarya Pant" <aishpant@gmail.com>:
> >>  Hi
>
> Hello,
>
> >>  In Documentation/rtc.txt, there is a description of the sysfs
> >>  interface which could be moved to Documentation/ABI.
> >>
> >>  Would such a change be useful?
> >>
> >>  The ABI documentation format looks like the following:
> >>
> >>  What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
> >>  Date: (date of creation)
> >>  KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
> >>  Contact: (primary contact)
> >>
> >>  I am doing this in an exercise to move sysfs ABI interfaces (which are
> >>  documented) to their right place i.e. in Documentation/ABI along with the rest.
>
> Do I understand right? Are you want to make the rtc.txt part the same format as ABI folder?
> for example create to RTC folder and add /dev/rtc what, date, kernelversion, contact right?

Yes I mentioned just the sysfs interface. But both ioctl and sysfs interface
should be there in Documentation/ABI. There could a new file called sysfs-rtc in
Documentation/ABI/stable with both these interfaces.

> This can be a good idea and I can help.

Sure thanks. I can maybe send a patch with these changes.

One question: who should be the primary contact for this ABI?

> >>  Aishwarya
>
> Ozgur

  Last update: 2017-12-28 16:01    [W:0.061 / U:0.456 seconds]