SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86 fixes

* Andy Lutomirski <luto@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org> wrote:
> > Linus,
>

> > - two 5-level paging related fixes
>
> Which reminds me: can you grab this one, too?
>
> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/24c898b4f44fdf8c22d93703850fb384ef87cfdc.1513035461.git.luto@kernel.org

Yeah, done - it's now in x86/urgent as:

c739f930be1d: x86/espfix/64: Fix espfix double-fault handling on 5-level systems

Will push it out soon. Linus will get it with the next x86/urgent batch, as
there's no production 5-level paging CPUs out there yet, right?

I'm also picking up your pending PTI fixes/updates over the weekend, but I spent
today mostly to make sure that the system call trampoline bits and its
dependencies were robust in practice.

Could you please have a good look at that tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git tmp.tmp

This includes the preparatory merges and cherry-picks, and some other low risk
preparatory bits related to PTI.

Is this tree looking good to you standalone?

Note that the lack of runtime patching on non-Intel systems by default is
intentionally not included at this stage, so that it's all simpler, and that we
get more test coverage...

This tree is what I've been testing all day, including suspend/resume testing, and
which I wanted to send to Linus later today as an RFC pull request, assuming
there's no last minute showstoppers. (Right after I've seen the new Star Wars
movie with my son - because priorities! ;-)

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2017-12-15 17:08    [W:0.063 / U:0.460 seconds]