SubjectRe: [linux-sunxi] Cedrus driver
On 28-11-17 10:50, Giulio Benetti wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> Il 28/11/2017 09:35, Maxime Ripard ha scritto:
>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 01:03:59AM +0100, Giulio Benetti wrote:
>>> Hi Maxime,

>>> Any news about git repo?
>>> When do you plan to do it more or less?
>>
>> I started to do it yesterday.
>>
>> https://github.com/free-electrons/linux-cedrus
>> https://github.com/free-electrons/libva-cedrus
>
> Great, I'm cloning.
> 1st: have it working with A20 with kernel as is and libva as buildroot package
> 2nd: porting to sunxi-next branch of linux-sunxi and check libva if can work as is
>
> Thank you
> So, I have been rebasing to 4.14.0 and have the cedrus driver working.
I have pulled linux-mainline 4.14.0. Then pulled the requests2 branch from Hans
Verkuil's media_tree. I have a patch available of the merge between these 2
branches.
After this I pulled the sunxi-cedrus repository from Florent Revests github. I
believe this one is the same as the ones you are cloning right now.
I have merged this and have a patch available for this as well.

So to summarize:
o pulled linux 4.14 from:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
o pulled requests2 from:
https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git?h=requests2
will be replaced with the work, when it is done, in:
https://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git?h=ctrl-req-v2
o pulled linux-sunxi-cedrus from:
https://github.com/FlorentRevest/linux-sunxi-cedrus

o merged and made patch between linux4.14 and requests2
o merged and made patch with linux-sunxi-cedrus
o Verified that the video-engine is decofing mpeg-2 on the Allwinner A20.

So maybe if someone is interested in this, I could place the patches somewhere?
Just let me know.

It would be nice to be able to play a file, so I would have to prepare our
custom player and make a patch between the current sunxi-cedrus-drv-video and
the one on https://github.com/FlorentRevest/sunxi-cedrus-drv-video.
So I will start with this if there is any interest.

Should I be working in sunxi-next I wonder?

>> Maxime

  Last update: 2017-11-28 12:28    [W:0.107 / U:0.060 seconds]