SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] platform-drivers-x86 for 4.15-1
On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Here is the collected material against Platform Drivers x86 subsystem.
> It's rather bit busy cycle for PDx86, mostly due to Dell SMBIOS driver
> activity.

So I note that you seem to use the same summary script that Darren used.

Guys, the "merge summary" should be human-readable, not just a
slightly munged version of "git shortlog" that has been sorted by
first word.

Feel free to use that munged version as a base-line, but don't just
send me automated merge messages.

The whole point of a summary is to summarize. And merge messages
should be legible, not "this is all the details that you could have
just used 'git shortlog' to get".

When you can't even be bothered to fix up obvious issues like

(a) "yeah, I just sorted things alphabetically without any human interaction":

intel-wmi-thunderbolt:
- Silence error cases

MAINTAINERS:
- Add entry for the PEAQ WMI hotkeys driver

mlx-platform:
- make a couple of structures static

(b) "yeah, my summary script splits the overview at a colon, so when
there is no colon it doesn't work":

Add driver to force WMI Thunderbolt controller power status:
- Add driver to force WMI Thunderbolt controller power status

it's good that you have a fairly unified commit message model and can
do these summaries, but it's bad when you then don't do much of any
_human_ summary at all or even check the result for sanity.

Linus

  Last update: 2017-11-18 19:38    [W:0.068 / U:0.064 seconds]