SubjectRe: Extreme time jitter with suspend/resume cycles
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2017, Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
>
> > Hi Thomas,

> > > So that clocksource driver looks correct. Do you have an idea in which
> > > context this time jump happens? Does it happen when you exercise your high
> > > frequency suspend/resume dance or is that happening just when you let the
> > > machine run forever as well?
> >
> > We couldn't devise any reproduction steps. We observed it happening at
> > unexpected times in a fleet of devices -- and we couldn't find any
> > patterns to clue us in.
>
> Ok. Did you talk to NXP about that? Or did you try to exercise reads in a
> loop to detect the wreckage and maybe a pattern in there?

The reason I'm asking is to exclude any weird issue in the timekeeping
code, which is still a possibility, despite the fact that I went through it
with a fine comb after stumbling over that check in the resume path.

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2017-10-05 23:34    [W:0.059 / U:4.444 seconds]