SubjectRe: [kernel-hardening] [RFC V2 0/6] add more kernel pointer filter options
On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 10:58:50AM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 11:06:44AM +1100, Tobin C. Harding wrote:
> > Version 2 of Greg's patch series with changes made as suggested by comments to V1.
> >
> > Applies on top of Linus' current development tree
> >
> > a8c964eacb21288b2dbfa9d80cee5968a3b8fb21
> >
> > V1 cover letter:
> >
> > Here's a short patch series from Chris Fries and Dave Weinstein that
> > implements some new restrictions when printing out kernel pointers, as
> > well as the ability to whitelist kernel pointers where needed.
> >
> > These patches are based on work from William Roberts, and also are
> > inspired by grsecurity's %pP to specifically whitelist a kernel pointer,
> > where it is always needed, like the last patch in the series shows, in
> > the UIO drivers (UIO requires that you know the address, it's a hardware
> > address, nothing wrong with seeing that...)
> >
> > I haven't done much to this patch series, only forward porting it from
> > an older kernel release (4.4) and a few minor tweaks. [snip]
>
> Nice! Thanks for doing this work, looks great to me. Care to resend
> the next version as a "real" one (i.e. no RFC)?

First thing tomorrow!

Is correct protocol for me to add your Signed-off-by tag to each patch from this RFC? Or is the
protocol for you to add the tag yourself when the real version is posted?

I intend splitting one of the patches into two as suggested by Will.

thanks,
Tobin.

  Last update: 2017-10-04 12:52    [W:0.181 / U:1.252 seconds]