SubjectRe: Kernel error messages: leds fujitsu::radio_led: Setting an LED's brightness failed
Am 25.10.2017 um 06:39 schrieb Michał Kępień:
>>> - Investigating the E LED. This requires taking a look at the DSDT
>>> dump from your laptop and searching for clues as to how this LED is
>>> handled. I will be happy to do that, but again, no promises about
>>> how much time it will take. (And given the nature of this task, I
>>> cannot promise I will find anything reasonable at all. I also might
>>> ask you to do some further experiments as I do not have an E751
>>> myself.)
>
> I feel stupid for only suggesting this now, but can this simply be the
> eco LED? The DSDT dump from your laptop suggests so, as well as the
> description of the E LED in the manual. Have you tried playing around
> with /sys/class/leds/fujitsu::eco_led?

No, I haven't.

I tried to set brightness to 255 and back to 0:

[root@gruenix ~]# echo 255 >/sys/class/leds/fujitsu::eco_led/brightness

=> eco LED lights up!

[root@gruenix ~]# cat /sys/class/leds/fujitsu::eco_led/brightness

=> eco LED off!

Tadaaa!

So yes, this is the eco LED of my E751.

>> Don't forget to take a look at the I LED...
>
> I could not find anything in the DSDT dump from your laptop that would
> suggest this LED can be controlled using ACPI.

Greetings
Harvey

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you'd better have a backup!

  Last update: 2017-10-25 15:19    [W:0.049 / U:0.072 seconds]