SubjectRe: [POC] Extend "movable_node" to "movable_node=" and add the interface in /sys to show the value
Hi Fan San,

On 10/11/17 at 10:28am, Chao Fan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a problem:
> Here is a machine with several NUMA nodes and some of them are hot-pluggable,
> It's not good for kernel to be extracted in the memory region of movable node.
> But in current code, I print the address choosen by kaslr and found it may be
> placed in movable node sometimes. To solve this problem, it's better to the
> memory region choosen by kaslr to immovable node in kaslr.c. But the memory
> infomation about if it's hot-pluggable is stored in ACPI SRAT table, which is
> parsed after kernel is extracted. So we can't get the detail memory infomation
> before extracting kernel.
>
> There are two methods to solve this problem:
>
> 1. Get and parse the srat table before kernel extracted, then mark the memory
> region in movable node which should be avoided in kaslr.
> I have send the patch:
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2595546.html
> But the change is large and then here is the second method.
>
> 2. Extend the movable_node to movable_node=nn@ss, in which nn means
> the size of memory in immovable node, and ss means the start position of
> this memory region.
> But it brings another question, it may be a little difficult for a normal
> user to specify the nn and ss. Because it's hard for a user to know the value
> of the memory in immovable node.
> So I wonder if it's good to add a interface in /sys, like:
> # cat /sys/device/system/memory/immovable_node

You can post patch. By the way, can the existing
/sys/devices/system/memory/memoryX/removable be used instead?

Thanks
Baoquan

> nn@ss
> nn@ss
> to show the two value.
> When srat table is parsed in acpi_parse_memory_affinity, fill the value
> and user can get and use them.
>
> If anyone has a better method, please let me know.
> Any comments will be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Chao Fan

  Last update: 2017-10-11 09:56    [W:0.061 / U:0.584 seconds]