SubjectRe: Regression on Dell XPS13 (was: [char-misc for 4.10-rc4 V2] mei: bus: enable OS version only for SPT and newer)
On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 12:49:50PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:11:45PM +0000, Mario.Limonciello@dell.com wrote:
> >> Greg,

Great!

> I'm going to revert commit 08b98d329165 (PM / sleep / ACPI: Use the
> ACPI_FADT_LOW_POWER_S0 flag) which introduced the problem in the first
> place (yes, the bisection result it misleading). In fact, the revert
> is in my linux-next branch already, but I'm sort of out in the woods
> now and the actual pull request will be sent next week.
>
> BTW, this is a usual process. We had tried to change the default
> behaviour for certain class of systems and it didn't work, so we need
> to take a step back, fix the problems that were exposed and try again
> later.
>
> It has been confused quite a bit, though, which is kind of worrisome.

Not a problem at all, and it's fine that it happened this way, I just
wanted to make sure the regression didn't hit a -final release.

Have a great vacation/trip.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2017-01-22 12:26    [W:0.096 / U:0.732 seconds]