SubjectRe: [RFC, PATCHv2 29/29] mm, x86: introduce RLIMIT_VADDR
On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 07:22:03PM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Kirill A. Shutemov
> <kirill@shutemov.name> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 06:06:01PM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> >> I tend to think that this should be a personality or an ELF flag, not
> >> an rlimit.
> >
> > My plan was to implement ELF flag on top. Basically, ELF flag would mean
> > that we bump soft limit to hard limit on exec.
> >
> >> That way setuid works right.
> >
> > Um.. I probably miss background here.
> >

> If a setuid program depends on the lower limit, then a malicious
> program shouldn't be able to cause it to run with the higher limit.
> The personality code should already get this case right because
> personalities are reset when setuid happens.

It would be nice to have more fine-grained control than binary personality
flag gives. It would cover more use-cases.

Well, we could reset the limit on exec of setuid binary too. That's not
ideal, but...

--
Kirill A. Shutemov

  Last update: 2017-01-02 10:11    [W:1.609 / U:0.000 seconds]