SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 4.0 - A tool for managing md Soft RAID under Linux
Date
On 01/11/17 11:52, Shaohua Li wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:49:04AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Jes Sorensen wrote:
>>> I am pleased to announce the availability of
>>> mdadm version 4.0
>>>
>>> It is available at the usual places:
>>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/
>>> and via git at
>>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/mdadm/mdadm.git
>>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/mdadm/
>>>
>>> The update in major version number primarily indicates this is a
>>> release by it's new maintainer. In addition it contains a large number
>>> of fixes in particular for IMSM RAID and clustered RAID support. In
>>> addition this release includes support for IMSM 4k sector drives,
>>> failfast and better documentation for journaled RAID.
>>
>> Thank you for the new release. Unfortunately I get 9 failures running the
>> test suite:
>>
>> tests/00raid1... FAILED
>> tests/07autoassemble... FAILED
>> tests/07changelevels... FAILED
>> tests/07revert-grow... FAILED
>> tests/07revert-inplace... FAILED
>> tests/07testreshape5... FAILED
>> tests/10ddf-fail-twice... FAILED
>> tests/20raid5journal... FAILED
>> tests/10ddf-incremental-wrong-order... FAILED
>
> Yep, several tests usually fail. It appears some checks aren't always good. At
> least the 'check' function for reshape/resync isn't reliable in my test, I saw
> 07changelevelintr fails frequently.

That is my experience as well - some of them are affected by the kernel
version too. We probably need to look into making them more reliable.

I am also not sure how reliable the DDF tests are on systems without DDF
support.

Cheers,
Jes

  Last update: 2017-01-11 18:00    [W:0.129 / U:2.984 seconds]