    SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 4.0 - A tool for managing md Soft RAID under Linux
    Date
    On 01/11/17 11:52, Shaohua Li wrote:
    > On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:49:04AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
    >> Jes Sorensen wrote:
    >>> I am pleased to announce the availability of
    >>> mdadm version 4.0
    >>>
    >>> It is available at the usual places:
    >>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/
    >>> and via git at
    >>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/mdadm/mdadm.git
    >>> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/mdadm/
    >>>
    >>> The update in major version number primarily indicates this is a
    >>> release by it's new maintainer. In addition it contains a large number
    >>> of fixes in particular for IMSM RAID and clustered RAID support. In
    >>> addition this release includes support for IMSM 4k sector drives,
    >>> failfast and better documentation for journaled RAID.
    >>
    >> Thank you for the new release. Unfortunately I get 9 failures running the
    >> test suite:
    >>
    >> tests/00raid1... FAILED
    >> tests/07autoassemble... FAILED
    >> tests/07changelevels... FAILED
    >> tests/07revert-grow... FAILED
    >> tests/07revert-inplace... FAILED
    >> tests/07testreshape5... FAILED
    >> tests/10ddf-fail-twice... FAILED
    >> tests/20raid5journal... FAILED
    >> tests/10ddf-incremental-wrong-order... FAILED
    >
    > Yep, several tests usually fail. It appears some checks aren't always good. At
    > least the 'check' function for reshape/resync isn't reliable in my test, I saw
    > 07changelevelintr fails frequently.

    That is my experience as well - some of them are affected by the kernel
    version too. We probably need to look into making them more reliable.

    I am also not sure how reliable the DDF tests are on systems without DDF
    support.

    Cheers,
    Jes

      Last update: 2017-01-11 18:00    [W:0.026 / U:3.792 seconds]